As this site gets “off the ground” I think it is a good gesture to give a plug to the flight school that is providing me with the training to become a pilot. It’s New Horizons Aviation located at the Goshen Municipal Airport (KGSH) in Indiana. They are great people with great instructors and here is their information (taken directly from their About Us page on their site. The direct link to their site is https://flynewhorizons.com/
New Horizons Aviation is conducting the fixed wing flight training and airplane rental at Goshen Municipal Airport. Operated by co-owners Roger Yoder, a commercial airline captain, and Dave Hawkins, a private pilot and local businessman, our goal is to furnish the most professional aviation experience possible.
Full and part-time instructors are available for flight training, bi-annual flight reviews and rental check-outs.
We offer a variety of aircraft both for training and rental:
- The Cessna 152 is a classic 2-seat trainer with instrument avionics.
- The 4-place Grumman Traveler is a solid, low-wing aircraft that handles very well.
- The Diamond Star is a 4-seat airplane configured with the Garmin G1000 Avionics Suite. This state-of-the-art instrument panel provides electronic flight instruments and an advanced moving map display.
- The Piper Lance II with retractable gear is available for Commercial training, High Performance and Complex Endorsements.
- The full motion Redbird Simulator provides additional options for cost effective training and a variety of flying experiences.
Call us to schedule a discovery flight or to arrange a tour of our flight training facilities.
Enrollment can begin at any time. Your training will be tailored to fit your schedule and learning style.